What did I know about Somerset, not a lot really, International despite Pete coming from there we never really talked about it or visited. I knew Glastonbury and the Cheddar Gorge where there and they make cider. The sum total of my previous knowledge. I know a bit more now and learning more every day. I decided a visit to Taunton library was in order wholesale MLB jerseys to organize my plan of action for learning about my new home.
First thing PAPER I found out – 3hr 30mins to drive here from London, straight down the M25, mmm a fairly busy motorway! An alternative route to visiting London, direct trains from Taunton to London Paddington only takes 2 hours. So going up to London for the day is a viable option. Yea!
Now for some ‘did you know ‘question and answers?
- Did you know Somerset was called the land of the summer people by the trip ancient welsh Celts and Saxons? This was due to the fact they could only live off the land in summer cheap nba jerseys as it flooded in winter.
- Did you know the smallest city in So England is in Somerset? It is the City of Wells. Pete and I are heading there for the weekend beginning of December; cheap MLB jerseys they have a winter festival, with a reindeer parade and Christmas market. I love Christmas Markets!
- Did you know that there are 32 farms dedicated to the production of cider? Taunton and Shepton Mallet is where you will find the largest cider plant in Europe, producing Blackthorn Cider.
- Did you know that one of the oldest engineered roads wholesale NFL jerseys is in of Somerset? It is called Sweet Track after the person who found it, I has been dated to 3807 and 3806 wholesale jerseys BC.
- And the final one for this post; did you know its snows more in Somerset than anywhere else in England? Wonderful!
I thought you might enjoylistening to a song about Somerset, called Land of the Summer People, not my cup of tea and freaked me out a bit in that it was all fields and countryside but interesting.